We are now hiring Laser Machine Operators for our client, a metal fabrication company located in Lexington! The primary responsibilities of this role include tending fabricating machines that cut, shape, tack weld and bend metal plates and sheets. These are temporary assignments and we currently have openings on all shifts (First: 7: 00am-3: 30pm, Second: 3: 00pm-12: 00am & Third: 10: 30pm-7: 00am), offering a pay range of $12.00-13.00 per hour depending on shift. The ideal candidate will have past experience with fabricating machines, and be able to read blueprints. If you feel you meet the requirements below and would be a good fit, apply today!
- Tend fabricating machines such as such as cutoff saws, shears, lasers, spotwelders, robotic weld, brakes, presses, and punches
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set up machine and run parts
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece
- Spot or Tack weld work pieces
- High school diploma or equivalent, or 1-3 months of related experience and/or training
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, the ability to write simple correspondences
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read blueprints and read and use the metric and English systems
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position.