Greenville, SC | DirectHire
- Responsible for providing strong technical guidance and leadership to staff of skilled maintenance personnel
- Ensure preventive maintenance, repair, facilities maintenance, all machine processes, and environmental issues are addressed on a timely and proactive basis
- Oversee the maintenance budget, schedule vendors to perform specialized work, and evaluate potential new equipment or supplies for the buildings
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
- Assist in planning and implementing campus improvements
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department, and ensure that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating and safety procedures
- Review and monitor the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate & solve problems, and identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, concerning maintenance issues
- Assist with hiring of maintenance personnel
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Assist in creating RFP for Contract PM work, i.E. HVAC, elevator, etc.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures, and ensure regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department, and review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
- Initiate, implement, and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
- Technical Degree in Facilities Maintenance, Building Maintenance Technology, or related field is preferred
- Significant experience working in a maintenance role including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Experience in overseeing 10 or more technicians
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills, as well as interpersonal and presentation skills for training, guiding, motivating and mentoring team members, clients and company management
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and to lift/move up to 50 pounds
Submit your application online, or send your resume to ckelly-corne@theresource.Com to be considered for this position!
If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking ' Employee Login', and can then apply directly to this posting.