We are now hiring a Maintenance Technician for our client, one of the world' s leading ceramic technology companies, located in Mooresville! The primary responsibilities of this role include maintaining the material condition and operational capability of industrial production machines and support systems, as well as participating in plant wide and departmental improvement activities. The working schedule for this Direct-Hire position is 12-hour, 3rd Shift (7: 00pm-7: 00am) on a 2-2-3 rotation, and a competitive salary range is offered. If you are interested in taking the next step in your career, this is a great opportunity to join a company that stresses its core values of respect, integrity and teamwork!
- Use basic hand tools to disassemble and repair machinery, and restore equipment to operation
- Perform routine cleaning, inspection and testing of mechanical and hydraulic systems and components, identify worn or faulty components and unsuitable conditions, and make corrections as required
- Install and/or replace mechanical drive system and hydraulic motion control system components.
- Perform necessary adjustments and alignments on motors, couplings, sheaves, sprockets, cylinders, linear slides, etc.
- Set up and operate metal working machinery such as lathes, drill presses, mills and grinders to fabricate, modify or repair various machine parts
- Use basic electrical testing devices such as voltmeters, ammeters, resistance testers, or mega ohmmeters to measure and test electrical circuits and components
- Utilize circuit diagrams and appropriate test equipment to analyze industrial machine control circuits and high frequency/high voltage generating circuits, identifying problems; troubleshoots and effect repairs
- Participate in in-depth root cause analysis efforts and makes recommendations for countermeasures
- Use specialized interface equipment to move, reset, and reteach servo systems
- Participate in Preventive Maintenance, Machine Maintenance Operator Leader, and 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) activities as needed
- Follow all Environmental Management System procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent, and at least 1 year of experience and/or training
- Associate s degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school, plus 1-3 years of experience/training is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to frequently walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
If you feel you meet the requirements above and could successfully carry out the duties of this position, submit your resume to be considered for this opportunity!