2635 Reynolda Road Winston Salem, NC 27106 US
Our client, a 100% employee-owned, award winning Construction Management company is expanding its Preconstruction Department and has position available for a Preconstruction Manager to join their team.
The Preconstruction Managers will work primary on at risk projects within the company’s core markets: higher education, K-12 education, manufacturing, religious, museum, historic restoration and other commercial construction. Depending on the specifics of the project, the Preconstruction Manager may be the primary day-to-day contact for the Owner and the design team. On more complex pursuits, the Preconstruction Manager may support a Preconstruction Director.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Handling the project from conceptual design estimate all the way through subcontracts being formalized.
• Make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating.
• Preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation. (previous experience required)
• Prepare detailed estimates.
• Create preconstruction schedules and update as needed.
• Prepare detailed instructions to bidders and comprehensive bid packages.
• Make subcontractor award recommendations to customer/owner and the negotiation and finalization of subcontracts with trade partners.
• Participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
• Participate in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
• Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
- Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of applicable estimating and/or project management experience.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, estimating & take-off software (CostX or similar), BIM tools (Revit, Assemble, etc.), and scheduling software (Primavera or similar)
Meet Your Recruiter
Sharon has always enjoyed working with people, and as a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist, she gets to do that every day.
Sharon loves helping someone find their dream job and making it happen for them. It's very rewarding when she can help someone struggling in their current role to find a new one that fits them better. Sharon gets excited by the challenge of finding candidates who have all the skills and experience needed for a position and the right personality for the company culture.
Best 30 seconds of advice you've ever been given: "When backing up a trailer, camper, or boat, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, not the top, and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go."
What's something people would be surprised to know about you: "I hold the rank of Second-Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate"