Welcome, NC | DirectHire
- Interact with hourly shop floor employees as well as local facility management
- Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily production operations, and anticipate production problems, (material shortages, equipment malfunctions, rush orders, etc.) in order to minimize loss of work hours
- Utilize skills, work hours, materials and work flow to achieve production and quality objectives, exchange timely information with other supervisors on interdepartmental product flow and work force needs
- Instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist employees to achieve objectives
- Participate in the selection/interview process to fill worker positions and appraise employee performance., as well as recommend promotions, transfers and work assignments
- Provide information/assist managers, research and development, and/or mechanics in diagnosing tooling and equipment malfunctions, initiate efforts to effect cost reductions, work simplification or improvements in methods or equipment.
- Supervise departmental safety and housekeeping practices and maintain a constant alert for hazardous conditions, respond to employee injuries by administering first aid, issuing medical authorization forms, investigating accident causes and recommending means to prevent accident reoccurrence
- Keep employees informed of the company rules and regulations, and production and quality expectations
- Issue warnings and other approval disciplinary measures when necessary, encourage employee communication, and endorse an open door policy
- Coach employees to achieve desired output for safety, quality, schedules and cost, and train employees to enable them to increase their involvement and self-direction
- Work with all areas to implement World-Class techniques to shorten cycles and improve productivity by reducing fixed costs, connecting production, implementing preventative maintenance and changing equipment and processes
- Undergraduate degree or 3-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Training in management, manufacturing, safety, quality, etc. A plus
- Excellent PC and system knowledge, including the ability to analyze data within an MRP system and make effective assumptions to drive business results
Submit your application or resume online to be considered for this position.
If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking on ' Employee Login' and then apply directly to this posting.