Quality Control Worker
Lexington, NC | Temp
- Select products for tests at specified stages in production process, and tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability
- Set up and perform destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics
- Prepare graphs or charts of data to enter into computer for analysis
- Operate coordinate layout machines and computer databases
- Create and update quality system documentation and provide training to shop personnel
- Maintain MMF Calibration Database
- Calibrate all shop personnel testing equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or 1-3 months of related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and to explain quality issues to customers and fellow employees
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and use the metric and English systems
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Submit your application online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position!