Lexington, NC | Temp
- Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments.
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment in boxcars and trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Inspect loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded boxcars and truck doors; directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Determine routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states also maintains vehicle maintenance report.
- Compile records of unfilled orders
- Post weight and shipping charges and prepares bills of lading.
- Use of the Bar Code Scanner gun RF Scanner
- Computer usage
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Adjust errors and complaints
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 60lbs
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, and the ability to write routine reports
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, and the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Submit your application online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position!