We are now hiring Welders for our client, a metal fabrication company located in Lexington! The primary responsibilities of this role include using gas welding equipment to weld metal parts as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 months of welding experience, be able to read blueprints and have schedule flexibility. We currently have openings on ALL SHIFTS (1st: 7: 00am-3: 30pm, 2nd: 3: 30pm-12: 00am & 3rd: 10: 30pm-7: 00am), offering a starting pay rate of $16.00 per hour plus a shift differential - with potential increase after successfully completing a weld training class! If you feel you meet the requirements and could successfully carry out the duties listed below, apply today!
- Weld along vertical or overhead weld lines
- Scarf or groove weld prior to applying filler metal
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, and clean or degrease parts
- Position parts in jigs or fixtures on bench or floor, or clamp parts together along layout marks
- Select torch, torch tip, filler rod and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal
- Connect regulator valves and hoses to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders, and welding torch
- Turn regulator valves to activate flow of gases, light torch and adjust gas mixture and pressure, to obtain desired flame
- Hold torch at proper angle to metal and guides along weld joint, applying filler rod to molten area to form weld
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications
- Repair broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and build up metal parts
- Apply flux to work piece instead of filler rod
- Preheat work piece in furnace or with torch
- Lay out, position, and tack weld work pieces
- High School Diploma or equivalent or 6-months to 1-year of related experience and/or training
- Wear required safety equipment
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence., and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to read blueprints., and to read and use the metric and English systems
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Submit your application online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position!