Our client, a leading food service equipment, supplies and design company located in the Winston-Salem area, is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team! This Clerk will work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure invoices are coded correctly so expenses are paid and tracked accurately. This position is responsible for compiling data, and computing fees and charges for the processing and payment of vendor invoices. Duties include, but are not limited to, computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services and shipment of goods, posting data, and keeping other relevant records. This Temp-to-Hire opportunity is offering a competitive salary range for qualified candidates! If you feel you meet the requirements below, apply today!
- Verify accuracy of billing data by checking figures, postings and documents for correct entry on the invoice and financial software ensures proper coding per company procedures
- Operate typing, adding, calculating, or billing machines
- Prepare and/or research itemized statements, bills, or invoices and record amounts due for items purchased or services rendered
- Keep records of invoices, sales orders, purchase orders and support documents
- Resolve discrepancies in the costs for good and services prior to approving and processing invoices for payment
- Verify accuracy of credit memos and invoices
- Contact customers to obtain or relay account information and resolve discrepancies
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges etc.
- Review documents such as sales orders, purchase orders, packing slips etc. To ensure proper billing and payment
- Process all invoices accurately and in a timely manner to ensure all credit terms are met and rebates are received
- High School Diploma Required; Associates Degree in Accounting or Business Related Field preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in Inventory Costing
- Accounts Payable Experience - should be familiar with 3-way match Accounting Principle, and experience in paper accounting is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word and Excel are required
- Proficiency with DOS based financial software, ERP (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards) experience is a plus.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy in a high volume environment
Submit your application or resume online to be considered for this position.
If you have previously applied with us, please log into your web center account by clicking on ' Employee Login', and access the job board to apply directly to this posting.