We are now hiring a CNC Machine Operator for our client, a manufacturer of residential and commercial pool products, located in the Winston-Salem area! This role is responsible for all aspects of incoming material, setting up conventional machines and/or CNC lathes, and/or mills, as well as training others on machines and assisting with fixtures and product improvement. This temporary opportunity is 2nd shift (3: 00pm-11: 00pm), offering a pay rate of $15.00 per hour, and the ideal candidate will be able to read, comprehend and interpret blueprints. If you have past CNC operation experience and are interested in this exciting opportunity within a booming company, apply today!
- Read and interpret blueprints, dispatch and other technical data to produce a quality work piece by determining the proper tooling and machining methods.
- Simple set up of all manual machines and/or CNC lathes and/or mills
- Mount and align fixtures and chuck jaws to help in reduction of set up
- Operate all manual machines and/or CNC lathes and/or mills
- Upload and download programs into CNC lathes and/or mills from database
- Use measuring instruments and all other quality control devices and instruments to check for conforming parts
- Work out problems from start-up of machine and change cutting tools to ensure parts are to blueprint specifications
- Enter commands or manually adjust machine controls to correct malfunctions of out-of-tolerance machining
- Responsible for completing daily set up sheets, hourly inspection sheets, indirect labor sheets, reporting scrap and making labels and move tickets as needed
- One-year certificate from college or technical school or 2 years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and write simple correspondence and memos, and to present machining information to employees, management, and auditors for the purpose ISO acceptance
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, percent and to interpret bar graphs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to interpret a variety of instructions involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds
- Comfortable working with moving mechanical parts, with moderate noise at times.
- Ability to follow lean principles and 5S to establish a cleaner and safer work environment
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position.