We are seeking an experienced Controller for our client, a benefits solution company located in Winston-Salem! This is a Temp-to-Hire opportunity offering a competitive salary range, and the ideal candidate will have previous experience supervising accounting personnel, as well as strong financial and analytical acumen. The role of Controller is primarily accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of policies, procedures, controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy of the company s reported financial results, and make certain that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. If you are interested in pursuing new opportunities for growth within the accounting field, we' d love to speak with you!
- Manage monthly financial close and the preparation of financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Prepare monthly Financial/Operational reports, analyses and schedules
- Manage annual financial audit and tax return preparation
- Directly accountable for all general ledger, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable functions
- Prepare the annual budget and associated reporting and analyses
- Optimize and maintain the general ledger structure and accounting system
- Maintain accounting policies, procedures, and appropriate financial control environment ensuring data integrity
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information
- Follow HIPAA security policies and procedures, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting and at least 5 years of experience
- Prior supervision of accounting personnel
- Licensed CPA is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications, strong Excel skills, and MS Access experience is preferred
- Managed healthcare experience is preferred
- Detail oriented and astute problem solving skills
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills
Submit your resume online to be considered for this position. You may contact 336.896.1000 with any questions.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking ' Employee Login', and can then apply directly to this posting.