We are NOW HIRING an experienced Knitter Technician for our client, a leading textile company located in Winston-Salem! This role is responsible for the production of fabric through the operating of the knitting machines. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of machine operation experience, and experience with knitting machines is preferred. This is an excellent career opportunity, working 12-hour rotating shifts, and day shifts are currently available! If you feel you meet the requirements below and would be a good fit, apply today!
- Keep the area around the machine clean and safe to work it
- Assist in any area requested by manager or supervisor at any time
- Checks before knitting; creeling/pattern
- Checks during knitting with special attention to the fabric, selvedge, yarn guiders and feeders
- Check the creel on each machine with the knit card at the beginning shift and each doff including cleaning machines, changing patterns as needed, creel bobbin creel in accordance with knit cards, change needles, check fabric for flaws, and re-thread when yarn breaks out
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to perform physical requirements including lifting up to 75 lbs, moving up and down stairs, bending, twisting, etc.
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical skills, and Pneumatic/Hydraulic skills
- Good Organizational skills
- Comfortable climbing 5 foot ladders
- Comfortable working with a certain level of dust, lint and oil mist in the air
Submit your application online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position!