We are seeking Machine Operators for our steel fabricator client in Greensboro! These are Temp-to-Hire positions, working NIGHT shift (2: 20pm-10: 50pm OR 1: 20pm-9: 50pm) with a pay rate of $13.00 per hour! Qualified candidates would ideally be familiar with working with large rolls of steel, and could be performing a number of different duties including operating a Slitter Machine, a Remote Crane, and a Sit-down Forklift. If you are interested in pursuing a new career in machinery and feel you could successfully pass a Mechanical Reasoning Test, we would love to hear from you!
- Set up and operate slitting machine to cut sheet metal into strips, using math to determine the specified widths to cut the metal
- Select, clean, and install spacers and cutters on arbors, and hone cutters with oilstone to remove nicks
- Operate the sit-down forklift, working in the Shipping/receiving department
- Operate the traveling overhead crane to lift, move, and position loads of steel
- Observe load hookup and determine safety of load
- Quality Control inspection as required
- After permanent hire will receive quarterly bonuses, shift differential, and ongoing safety training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Stable work history
- Ability to pass Mechanical Reasoning Test, Math Assessment and all other pre-employment screening or testing
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs regularly, and 50-60 lbs occasionally
- Familiarity working with large rolls of steel, and with an overhead hoist is a plus
- Forklift experience is preferred but not required
Submit your application ore resume online, or in person at 3402H W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro, to be considered for this position.