We are seeking an experienced Machinist to join our metal fabrication client in Lexington! The primary responsibilities of this role include operating single or multiple edged machine cutting tools such as CNC, broaches, milling machine cutters, & drills, and related jigs, dies, and fixtures. This temporary opportunity is 3rd shift (10: 30pm-7: 00am), offering a pay rate of $12.00-14.00 per hour depending on experience level, and candidates must be able to train on 1st or 2nd shift before transitioning to 3rd shift. If you feel you meet the requirements below and would be a good fit, apply today!
- Study specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data and confer with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements,
manufacturing procedures, and cost
- Apply algebraic and geometric formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration
- Select standard items such as bushings and tool bits to incorporate into tool design
- Modify tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance
- Associate' s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read blueprints, and to read and use the metric and English systems
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position.
For additional information, contact our office at 336.970.5245