We are assisting our client, a booming manufacturing plant in High Point, in their search for an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their team! This is an excellent Direct Hire opportunity to join an established textile manufacturer who has been operating domestically for over a hundred years. Their innovative designs, environmental responsibility and emphasis on the " Made in the USA" concept has made them a respected leader in their global industry for the past 100 years! The primary responsibilities of this role include performing routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems. Candidates must be flexible to train on 1st or 2nd Shift, and this opportunity offers a competitive benefits package and salary dependent on experience! If you' re interested in pursuing this opportunity, submit your resume today!
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment (Major repairs are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers)
- Perform preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis (inspect belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, grease bearings, seals, etc., repair or replace broken parts)
- Clean and inspect boiler, and treat water with proper chemicals
- Calibrate and repair pneumatic systems
- Replace broken windows, repair doors, door locks and closets, and install window blinds
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment maintenance procedures, and maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures
- May operate a computer which controls and monitors mechanical equipment and utility systems
- Install electrical wiring and equipment, new electrical services, wiring during remodeling projects, and replace and repair wiring as needed
- Repair electrical equipment and control circuits, replace faulty electrical switches, and repair refrigeration equipment
- May repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain building security, install computer cable, obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts, and order parts as needed
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required, and assist with the renovation/remodeling of buildings
- Repair plaster and drywall, and paint building structure
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures, and perform outside custodial duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and five years of responsible experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair
- Good skill in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Ability to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions, and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and ability to frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds
- Ability to work in an environment where employees are frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, and wet and/or humid conditions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Short term & Long term Disability
- Yearly Bonus
- Life Insurance
Please submit your application or resume to lwright@theresource.Com to be considered for this position.
You may also apply in person at 3402H W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.