We are now hiring an experienced Maintenance Technician for our client, one of the nation' s largest manufacturers of recycled and converted paperboard products, located in Welcome! This temporary opportunity offers a pay range of $19.00-20.00 per hour depending on skill set, and the working schedule is 2nd shift (3: 30pm-11: 30pm), but candidates must be able to train on 1st shift before transitioning to 2nd. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing, installing, adjusting and/or maintaining industrial production machinery within the plant, under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, and the ideal candidate will have a strong electrical background in maintenance. If you feel you would be a qualified candidate to perform the duties listed below, apply today!
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions following appropriate checklists
- Utilize tools ranging from common hand and power tools (hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches) to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary
- Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams
- Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
- Align and balance new equipment after installation
- Inspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Set-up and operate machine tools to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs, fixtures, and tools
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures
- At least five years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic/Technician or completion of an approved apprentice program
- At least three years of experience with complex troubleshooting of production equipment
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams and measurement tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems required
- Must use appropriate safety gear to perform specific functions of the job
- PLC Troubleshooting
- Must provide own tools
- Comfortable lifting up to 40 pounds
- Ability to grasp, manipulate or repair small parts, wiring, electrical, etc. From various types of machinery or devices
- Comfortable stooping, bending, and moving about the plant
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please contact our office at 336.896.1000.
If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking ' Employee Login' and can then apply directly to this posting.