We are now hiring a Press Brake Operator for our metal fabrication client, located in Lexington! The primary responsibilities of this role include setting up and operating the power brake in order to manipulate metal plates, sheet metal and structural shapes according to blueprints or sketch specifications. This temporary position is 2nd Shift (3: 00pm-12: 00am) and offers a pay rate of $13.00 per hour! The ideal candidate will have a one-year certificate from a college or technical school, or at least 6 months of experience as a press brake operator. If you feel you meet the requirements below and would be a good fit, apply today!
- Select, position, and align dies in machine ram and bed
- Turn set screws or bolts to fasten clamp bar that holds dies in position
- Turn adjustment screws to set specified pressure of ram and clearance between dies to thickness of metal, as indicated by calibrated scale or feelers
- Lay out or detail layout on work stock from blueprints or templates
- Position work piece manually or with crane, to align layout marks to dies
- Start machine to lower ram or depress pedal to activate ram that bends or cuts metal
- Set stops on machine bed and reposition stock to run successive pieces, or to perform multiple operations
- Verify dimensions of work piece
- Preheat metal
- Grind laps or burrs from edges of work piece
- Operate apron brake which bends metal by forcing metal between movable apron and horizontal bending bar
- Comply with company and OSHA requirements, and practice good housekeeping
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the company
- Ability to apply basic mathematics principles
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable working near moving mechanical parts, and occasionally being exposed to fumes or airborne particles
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position.