We are seeking a Supervisor to join our client, a domestic manufacturer, in their Boarding Department located in High Point! The responsibilities of this role include extending guidance and support to all employees, addressing, acknowledging and/or resolving personal matters, and maintaining an acceptable efficiency level for the department. The working schedule will be 2nd shift (8-10 hour shifts), Monday through Friday with some Saturdays as required, and candidates must be able to train on 1st shift. The competitive pay rate will be based on past experience for this permanent, Direct Hire opportunity! If you are interested in furthering your career and have previous experience as a team lead, you may be a great fit. Submit your resume for consideration today!
- Enforce company policies and procedures on a daily basis to ensure employee compliance to set standards and regulations
- Keep an open channel of communication amongst employees and peers in order to assure job task completion
- Maintain " work-flow" by placing employees in appropriate areas based on their strengths and weaknesses
- Coach and guide individuals on a daily basis
- Demonstrate and promote a positive work environment
- Conduct meetings with tact and integrity when necessary to keep employees informed of changes and updates, as well as behavioral issues (tasks, reprimands and commendations)
- Perform evaluations for all job positions, in order to monitor and provide updates information of employee growth and limitations
- Supply employees with tools when needed, to allow routine tasks to be completed efficiently
- Assess and direct fire drills, safety issues and machinery concerns, to guarantee the safety and comfort of each employee
- Update current layout and tie down report daily to monitor sty; e changes, machine down-time and mechanical/electrical concerns
- Log attendance, reprimands and commendations on attendance calendar to monitor absenteeism and job performance
- Complete audits for all job functions when scheduled or requested by Department Head
- Eliminate as much down time as possible by moving Boarders to another machine or assign them to other duties that is productive to the department
- Monitor housekeeping daily
- Must be comfortable working hands-on, spending 95% of the shift on the Production floor
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Short term & Long term Disability
- Yearly Bonus
- Life Insurance
Please submit your application or resume to lwright@theresource.Com to be considered for this position.
You may also apply in person at 3402H W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.