We are currently assisting our client, an integrated benefits solutions company, in their search for an Underwriter to join their team! This is a permanent, Direct Hire opportunity with a company committed to investing in its workforce and fostering a thriving professional culture. The positive work environment is built on appreciation and flexibility, opportunities to grow personally and professionally, and competitive pay and benefits! The position of Underwriter is responsible for supporting sales and marketing activities and the growth of the company by coordinating new business and/or renewal activities for current and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with proven skills in underwriting, and Group Health underwriting experience is preferred. If you are interested in advancing your career and contributing to the growth and success of a thriving company, we invite you to apply today!
- Demonstrate sound underwriting skills in support of new business and renewal processes
- Analyze data, develop projected claims cost, negotiate stop-loss insurance and calculate COBRA rates
- Work within fully-insured and self-funded underwriting principles
- Analyze stop loss policies for accuracy and completeness, and align with the plan document and summary plan description
- Prepare internal communications including new client detail, and participate in a peer review process to ensure accuracy and complete underwriting exhibits
- Develop and maintain relationships with the underwriting and sales team and other departments by bringing an array of expertise and solutions
- Communicate effectively with external relationships including employee benefit consultants and brokers, clients and stop-loss insurance carriers
- Develop proficient understanding of company benefit solutions, products and services; assess and determine product pricing; determine impact of benefit design changes; and stay appraised of relevant legislative changes
- Coordinate and participate in various other projects including quality management and efficiency improvements to maximize capacity of the underwriting department
- Work effectively within the CRM system, supporting the sales process and prospect, client tracking and reporting
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Group health underwriting experience is preferred
- NC Life & Health Insurance License or ability to obtain
- Ability to function independently and as a team player
- Ability to practice discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and negotiate
- Ability to proofread and review work of others
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology (diagnosis and procedure codes)
- Knowledge to calculate COBRA rates and Claim Funding Projections
- Proven knowledge of fully-insured and self-funded underwriting philosophies
- Proven interpersonal and communications skills (written and oral)
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
Submit your resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position. You may also call 336.896.1000 for additional information.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.
If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking ' Employee Login' and can then apply directly to this posting.