We are now hiring Welders for our custom fabrication client in Lexington! The primary responsibilities of this role include following company procedures to fit and weld parts in accordance with customer specifications and AWS standards. This temporary opportunity is 1st shift (7: 00am-3: 30pm) and ideal candidates will have at least one year of MIG welding/GMAW experience. If you feel you meet the requirements below and would be a good fit, apply today!
- Follow company procedures to set up welder machine (when applicable)
- Fit and weld parts per specifications
- Follow inspection sheet to inspect part utilizing appropriate instruments
- Grind parts when necessary to clean poor welds
- Complete work order form to accurately record time and parts used
- Notify Weld Supervisor when weld process is completed
- Maintain Weld Department by sweeping and picking up trash to keep work station clean
- Wear required safety equipment: steel-toed boots; safety glasses or helmet
- Operate forklift when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required
- At least 1-year of MIG welding/GMAW experience
- At least 1-year of blue print reading experience
- Successful completion of weld certification and internal welding test
- Proficiency in welding techniques (MIG, TIG, Flux, Brazing)
- Ability to use required inspection instruments (calipers, height gauge, tape measure, protractor, square, weld gauge, etc.)
- Knowledge of wire and fill applications for various metals
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Comfortable working in an environment with exposure to indoor and outdoor temperatures, grinding, welding and powder coating dust, welding and laser smoke, and noise (punching machine)
- Ability to perform repetitive motions (grasping, holding, finger dexterity), reading, writing, preparing and analyzing figures, and visual inspection
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Comfortable operating a forklift
Submit your application or resume online or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position.