3300 Battleground Ave , #101 Greensboro, NC 27410 US
Our client, an independent environmental claims management firm in Greensboro, NC with over 25 years, is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee general accounting department systems, policies, practices, and procedures. The ideal candidate will manage the accounting staff and oversee the daily workflow of the department. This is a full-time, Direct Hire, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM hybrid work position. This position reports to the VP of Operations and CEO/President.
• Responsible for overseeing the processes and ensuring accuracy of account receivables, account payables, financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation
• Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing and updates
• Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation
• Oversees the production of periodic financial and business activity reports and budgets
• Responsible for tax preparation and planning throughout the fiscal year; along with the annual corporate tax return in partnership with CPA
• Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
• Evaluates accounting processes and systems and implements optimizations
• Reviews, negotiates, and administers vendor contracts, and purchase orders, ensuring best pricing, completes cost comparisons
• Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on finance, client pricing decisions, and client contract negotiations
• Responsible for working with Human Resources with staffing accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations
• Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff
• Expert QuickBooks knowledge, with 3 years of experience
• Knowledgeable of HRIS, payroll software, Paylocity preferred
• Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential to this position
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Must have a high level of attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
• Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
• Five years or more of accounting management experience
• Experience AP/AR management
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Julia Yeargan Christian is Vice President of The Resource's Direct Hire Team, and an active Recruiter. She specializes in finding and vetting the right candidates for positions with companies in a variety of industries, across the USA. Julia has been a part of The Resource team since 1995 and one of her favorite parts of her role is helping candidates find the right job that improves their lives professionally, personally and financially. She has met so many good people along the way and has been lucky to create relationships with clients and candidates that have lasted for well over 20 years. If you're looking for a new job, or are a company looking to hire - connect with Julia on LinkedIn to talk!
Favorite place to travel: Any beach, anywhere, any time
How you decompress from a busy day: Crossfit
Favorite team: Virginia Tech Hokies
Quickest way to get smile on my face: Ask about my 3-year-old granddaughter