Assistant Facilities Maintenance Manager
High Point, NC 27268 | DirectHire
- Provide strong technical guidance and leadership to staff of skilled maintenance personnel
- Ensure preventive maintenance, repair, facilities maintenance, all machine processes, environmental issues are addressed on a timely and proactive basis
- Oversee the maintenance budget, schedule vendors to perform specialized work, and evaluate potential new equipment or supplies for the buildings
- Prepare reports, analyze data, and make recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems
- Assist in planning and implementing campus improvements
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department
- Ensure that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating and safety procedures
- Review and monitor the operation of plant equipment and systems, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems, and to identify opportunities for improvement
- Maintain and repair maintenance shop equipment
- Establish and maintain a computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Assist with hiring of maintenance personnel
- Initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs
- Track, analyze and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Assist in creating RFP for Contract PM work, i.E. HVAC, elevator, etc.
- Maintain safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures
- Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times
- Direct, maintain, and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department, and review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
- Initiate, implement, and manage the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance
- Technical Degree in Facilities Maintenance, Building Maintenance Technology, or related field is preferred
- Significant experience working in a maintenance role including budget development, project planning, control & assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting practices
- Experience in overseeing 10 or more technicians
- Strong computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting, training, guiding, motivating and mentoring team members, clients and company management
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
Submit your resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information. If you have previously applied with us, you may access your existing profile by clicking ' Employee Login', and can then apply directly to this posting.