Mount Airy, NC 27030 | DirectHire
The Benefits Coordinator will assist employees with benefits enrollment and questions, manage all insurance billing, maintain the employee database and files, and assist with preparation of benefits annual enrollment and communications to employees. This position has supervisory responsibilities over daily processes, as well as the direct supervision of benefits staff, including training, coaching, and monitoring job results. The working schedule is full-time, 8: 00am-5: 00pm (Monday-Friday), with occasional evening and weekend work as required. Qualified candidates should possess Human Resources expertise and be both team and customer oriented. If you feel you fit this description and are seeking new opportunities, we' d love to speak with you!
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, and 401(k)
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits to employees
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction
- Assist employees with health, dental, life and other related benefit claims
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs
- Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives
- Administer COBRA
- Assist HR director in obtaining statistics and information in renewal process of any health, life and retirement plans that benefit the company
- Ensure distribution of required employee notices
- Assist HR director in completing benefits reporting requirements
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Public Administration or related field
- At least 2- years of human resource experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and education/training
- Prior experience in Benefits Administration
- Business Acumen and Critical Evaluation skills
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Self-Motivated, and Team/Customer Oriented
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies
Submit your application or resume online to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call 336.970.5208 or text 336.970.5237.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.
Our Clerical/Professional Division will be implementing boutique hours on Mondays from 5: 00-7: 00pm beginning August 6th. Should you require a phone screening or interview outside of standard business hours, we re happy to speak with you during this time frame. Interviews will be scheduled accordingly to accommodate needs during boutique hours as well!