Greensboro, NC 27409
- Perform basic and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of facility electrical distribution components including panels, disconnects, circuit breakers, conduit, wiring, receptacles, etc., including wiring and drives for HVAC equipment.
- Performs basic and semi-skilled maintenance and repair of lighting system components including fixtures, lamps, ballasts, occupancy sensors, time clocks, photocells, pole lights, etc.
- Perform minor troubleshooting to elevator lighting and electrical systems.
- Work with MIS technicians installing network cables/devices and A/V equipment.
- Works independently performing basic maintenance and repairs. Works under the guidance of Electrician II on complex maintenance or installation work.
- Complete assignments in a professional, safe, quality, and timely manner.
- May be required to work in inclement weather i.E., snow removal, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Professional Experience:
- Familiarity with current National Electrical code, and typical commercial building electrical standards, practices, and equipment.
- Able to read and interpret basic electrical schematics for facilities and equipment.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple assignments
- Ability to complete required maintenance documentation records accurately and completely.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds consistently.
- Must have an updated resume and reliable transportation.
- Significant climbing, crawling, or working in awkward or cramped positions.
- Frequent (30%-70%) exposure to hazardous chemicals, filth, fumes, adverse weather, or personal health and safety risk.
Please click the ' Apply Online' icon to submit your application for this position!