Controls Process Engineer / Electrical Controls Engineer (FL)
3050 Melson Avenue , . Jacksonville, FL 32254 US
Are you a talented and innovative engineer with a passion for designing, implementing, and optimizing control systems? We're seeking a Controls Process Engineer / Electrical Controls Engineer to join our client, the nation's largest manufacturer of steel wire reinforcing products, at their facility in Jacksonville, FL. This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity that offers a salary range of $100,000.00-$125,000 (based on experience). Duties for this role include being responsible for designing, developing, installing, and maintaining equipment, developing procedures to improve safety, quality, and productivity. The Controls Process Engineer / Electrical Controls Engineer will provide instruction and technical support to manufacturing plants and aid in improving the coordination. Ideal candidates for this role should have proven work-related experience in a similar role. A strong background in troubleshooting foreign (Italian/German) production machinery and schematics is preferred. If you're a forward-thinking engineer with a passion for control systems and a desire to contribute to the success of a dynamic company, apply today!
- Provides technical support for all controls, measuring devices, and test equipment
- Provides support for special projects including, but not limited to, component selection, controls recommendations, vendor recommendations, and installation
- Oversees project workflow and supports internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects while meeting performance and budget targets
- Directs, tests and diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as Programmable Logic Control Programs, DC drives, AC drives, motors
- Consults with equipment suppliers to determine appropriate equipment, specifications, and maintenance protocols
- Provides technical support to Maintenance Department on all electrical/electronic matters
- Plans layout and functions of controls, wiring, systems and power distribution
- Inspects completed work for conformance to drawings, specifications and safety
-Creates and maintains electrical drawings and schematics
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Writes and/or modifies PLC programs as equipment changes warrant
- Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new equipment, processes and procedures
- Performs process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement
- Demonstrates leadership of Lean/Continuous Improvement.
- Maintains database and policies to keep the company in compliance with established safety and reliability standards and requirements
- Recommends and implements proper and timely predictive/preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment
- Stays current on developments in the industrial electronics field through continuing education
- Initiates and suggests plans to improve electrical equipment performance
- Develops and implements training for all maintenance personnel
- Extensive professional, technical, or administration training; Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from an ABET accredited institution; broad knowledge of a technical field applicable to Electronics Technology, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Industrial Electronics including a working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD), AC and DC drives, PLC Control Logic; computer skills including Microsoft Windows; Microsoft Office and Autocad
- A minimum of 5 years work-related experience is required. A strong background in troubleshooting foreign (Italian/German) production machinery and schematics is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and work-related experience may be acceptable
- Requires judgment in the analysis of facts and circumstances surrounding individual problems and in the determination of action to be taken within the limits of standard or accepted practice.
Submit your resume online, or send directly to Leah O'Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position. For more information, please call our office at 336.970.5235
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information
Meet Your Recruiter
Leah O’Neal is a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist with The Resource. Leah has always enjoyed working with people, even going back to her days at UVA when she was a part-time waitress while studying for her Bachelor’s degree. Leah previously worked as a paralegal, helping people in a different sense. As a Direct Hire recruiter she feels she can have a more positive impact on people’s lives, and enjoy the satisfaction of helping someone who is not happy with their current role, or still looking for that perfect fit! Leah knows there is nothing quite as satisfying as landing your dream job with a company that feels like a second home. When she's not working, Leah enjoys spending time with her family and animals, painting or writing, taking a road trip to some exciting new place, or continuing on her journey to a second-degree black belt (she's currently a first-degree black belt). Interested in making a career move? Connect with Leah today!