Director of Residential Services
100 DAR Dr. Newland, NC 28657 US
Location: Crossnore, NC
We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity! Join our client’s organization as a Director of Campus-Based Foster Care and Youth Independent Living Programs. This position is located in Crossnore, NC and in this vital role, you will have the chance to direct, supervise, coach, and lead our dedicated staff in all operations related to campus-based foster care and youth independent living programs. As the Director, you will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining a trauma-informed, client-centered, and equitable care for all residents. Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in ensuring that our programs provide the highest level of support and guidance to our youth. Housing and utilities are provided for this role and on-campus living is required. If you are a compassionate and dynamic individual who is committed to making a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join this amazing team.
- Must successfully complete extensive background checks, interviews, and pre-hire drug screen.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID 19 unless excluded with approved medical or religious exemption.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience
- LCSW, LCMHC, LPA, LMFT or licensure as an RN.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working within a residential services
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Valid Driver’s License and must be willing to travel to various job-related locations.
SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of the state child welfare and mental health systems.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to manage a program area (including budget) with autonomy.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of a variety of computer software programs.
- Ability to think strategically and develop key performance indicators.
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, youth, families, referral agencies, and community collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to respond calmly in crisis situations and knowledge of cultural issues that can affect care or team dynamics.
- Ability to work on diverse teams and must be flexible and willing to work with youth of all ages, races, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, disabilities, and backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate maturity, leadership, professionalism, and creativity in the performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to laugh, be creative and have willingness to make and learn from mistakes.
- Partner with VP of Clinical Services to ensure client’s clinical needs are adequately met from admission through discharge.
- In conjunction with Sr. Leadership, further defines strategies and implements long range program goals and strategies to meet Residential Program goals/outcomes.
- Work closely with the agency’s referrals and admissions team to efficiently review referrals to the programs for admission.
- Ensure supervisors are held accountable to compliance standards throughout the programs by directing, coaching, monitoring and evaluating the Supervisors.
- Use the Sanctuary Model and its toolkit to continue to provide guidance towards the responsiveness and respect of diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion across all programs and settings.
- Support Residential Cottage Supervisors in teaching Cottage Parents and Resident Advisors various resident and cottage management skills.
- Support the Clinical Supervisor in teaching clinicians.
- Helps develop and review KPI outcomes and makes recommendations to Sr Director/ELT for any necessary changes within the residential program.
- Responsible for budget/financial responsibility for case management, cottages, recreation, and residential administrative budgets under their direction.
- Assist in maintaining coverage of cottages in the absence of Supervisors and/or Cottage Parents.
- Actively participate in the interviewing, hiring, orienting, training, and professional development of supervisors, clinicians, case managers, and Cottage Parents.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability plans
- Critical Illness and Accident coverage options
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401k with employer match (up to 6%)
- Ongoing Training
- 20 Days PTO, 11 Paid Holidays
Interested candidates should submit their resume to JMilligan@theresource.com. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordan is a Direct-Hire Recruiter at The Resource, with experience in all aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing. He's passionate about helping companies find their next great hire, and takes pride in helping candidates advance their careers.
Jordan would love to hear from you if you're looking for a new opportunity or have a job opening at your company that needs to be filled quickly. Be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn too!
Hobby: Playing guitar, Favorite getaway: The Outer Banks, Favorite Childhood Book: Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (as a kid, I read every single book in this series multiple times), Favorite Band: Toto, All-time Favorite Vacation Destination: Barcelona, Spain