Lexington, NC 27292
- Operation of the wastewater treatment facility and environmental laboratory
- Serve as contact person for agency inspections, and act as the designated operator in charge (ORC)
- Determination of necessary system adjustments and points for optimal process control to ensure optimal and compliant treatment
- Minor routine maintenance and scheduling of maintenance
- Management of chemical inventory and laboratory supply needs
- Review of internal and external lab analysis for accuracy and compliance
- Preparation of monthly NC state discharge monitoring report
- Calibration of lab equipment such as DO, pH and turbidity meters
- Performance of lab tests such as DO, pH, COD, nutrients, solids, MLSS, food to mass, volatiles, residual chlorine, oxygen uptake rate, etc.
- Work with the site Supervisor to ensure compliance with corporate and state/federal requirements
- Use Operator 10 computer system to record process control, effluent monitoring data and prepare the discharge report using the state s eDMR system
- Must hold NC Grade 3 Biological certification and experience as an Operator in Charge is preferred
- Working knowledge of wastewater operations, basic lab testing and activated sludge wastewater systems
- Ability to manage the site to ensure compliance with NC water quality regulations
- Understanding of wastewater processing equipment including pumps, clarifiers, belt press, aeration basins, chemical feed pumps, chemical mixers and lab testing equipment
Submit your resume online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.970.5245.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.