Facilities Maintenance Assistant
300 North Cherry Street Winston Salem, NC 27101 US
The Resource is hiring a Facilities Maintenance Assistant for a church organization\ located in Winston-Salem, NC! This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity that offers a pay rate of $18.00-$25.00 per hour (depending on experience), and has a 1st shift working schedule (8:30am-5:00pm, Monday– Thursday; 8:30am-12:00pm, Friday). Employees for this role will always work 9:00am-1:00pm (Sunday (Rotating) and 5:00pm-8:30pm (Wednesday (Rotating)). Benefits for this role include fully paid medical insurance, PTO, retirement, sick days, Paid Holidays, and more! The facilities Maintenance Assistant would be responsible for completing assigned maintenance and repair work orders within agreed-upon timelines but not limited to masonry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, grounds, signage, painting, and other routine maintenance tasks. Ideal candidates for this role should have basic knowledge of mechanical functions and repair work, detail-oriented, and comfortable lifting up to 50lbs. If you have a maintenance background and ready to advance your career, apply today!
- Complete assigned maintenance and repair work orders within agreed-upon timelines but not limited to masonry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, grounds, signage, painting, and other routine maintenance tasks
- Troubleshoot issues with HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, lighting, doors, and other building components and systems and advise on self-repair versus engaging an appropriate contractor
- Create, complete, and clear work orders on ESCAPE/Work-order system as tasks are identified and completed
- Accurately complete assigned room and facility set-up and breakdown requests per requirements on ESPACE/Space Reservations system to support ministry events
- On occasion, help janitorial and landscaping teams with general cleaning, grounds work, and special projects
- Will require some scheduled weekend work to support Sunday morning services, work outside normal operating hours to support ministries and special events and emergency response as needed
- Perform other responsibilities and tasks as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with teammates in a flexible manner with the goal of carrying out their mission
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of mechanical functions and repair work needed for a large non-residential building with proven aptitude and willingness to learn more
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and to have complete mobility in building and grounds activities
- 3+ years maintenance experience or demonstrated ability to understand and execute routine maintenance and repair of building systems
- Proficient in technology and tools used in building and grounds maintenance.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and communications technology including phone systems, Zoom, and basic A/V projector setup
- Medical benefits for employees and family members
- Retirement Plan
- 403B with matching by church
- Life and disability insurance
- Optional dental insurance plan
- Paid vacation and 11 paid holidays
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Ian Frye at email@example.com or call 336-217-1415.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.