Lexington, NC 27292
- Perform electrical work such as installing new/replacement electrical circuits, distribution panels, receptacles, lights, switches, and ballasts
- Ensure all work is in compliance to current code
- Check electrical wires for breakages and/or shortages and/or overloads
- Perform advanced levels of troubleshooting, diagnosing, determining and repairing heating and air conditioning system malfunctions, and installing new heating and air conditioning systems when necessary.
- Set HVAC package units and split systems, and run duct-work, line sets and gas piping associated with the unit or system
- Develop and maintain a preventive maintenance schedule for heating, air conditioning and ventilating equipment, keeping schedule updated as equipment is repaired or replaced
- Perform repairs or replacement of compressors, belts, water fountains, ice machines/makers, etc.
- Install/repair water heaters, sinks, commodes, toilet valves, various other plumbing fixtures, sewage lines, pumps, etc.
- Perform various line-clearing functions through sewage lines when necessary
- Repair wooden and/or metal structures and equipment such as doors, windows, roofs, frames, floors, chairs, tables, locks (magnetic or other) and other equipment
- Paint, seal, finish and/or repaint walls and exteriors
- Identify quantities and types of parts and supplies needed for inventory
- Install/run/relocate CAT-5 cabling throughout buildings as necessary for Information Technology to complete work orders
- Recognize and identify potential hazards in buildings and/or properties
- Constantly look for cost-saving opportunities and ensure fiscal responsibility with taxpayer dollars
- Undertake and oversee projects, obtain quotes, contact and engage subcontractors, and oversee project to ensure it follows subscribed guidelines, timelines and budget
- Complete and enter all duties performed, including indicating parts and materials purchased and time spent on individual duties into work order process
- Maintain all safety rules and regulations and participate in the teaching and implementation of safety programs as required
- Mastery level in HVAC
- At least 2-4 years of experience at the Maintenance Technician II level, along with successful completion of 2 pre-approved level III classes in HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing or Carpentry, or equivalent education and experience
- Valid North Carolina driver' s license
- CFC Certification Card, no less than Type III
- HVAC license, no less than H1 Class III minimum, must provide license number
- Possess advanced knowledge, skill and abilities in the following areas: Common practices, tools, terminology and safety precautions of building maintenance trades
- Knowledge of use and characteristics of common building materials, building maintenance tools
- Knowledge of procedures, techniques, materials and equipment used in installation, maintenance, and repair of any and all building systems
- Knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system installation, maintenance, and repair methods
- Ability to perform load calculations on buildings and rooms, Sizing, installation, and testing of gas lines, and test and maintain functionality of generators
- Follow oral and written instructions, including sketches, drawings, plans, blueprints and/or specifications
- Ability to accurately estimate needed materials and time required for various jobs
- Higher understanding of all building automation systems, especially HVAC, including electronic door locks, key pads, boilers, chillers, ERVs, FPUs, ERUs and VAVs, hot water systems, ductless systems, etc.
- Ability to operate various types of equipment, including skid steer, loaders, tractors, man-lifts, excavators, salt-spreader and snow plow
- Ability to connect and correctly pull a trailer, and correctly load and secure all equipment onto a trailer
- Effectively communicate with coworkers, supervisors, vendors, contractors/subcontractors and department staff to coordinate schedules, materials, rentals, etc., to complete projects
- Maintain effective working relationships with employees, contractors, equipment suppliers, manufacturers, sales representatives and the general public
- Ability to perform work exerting up to 50 pounds of force, with work performed both inside and outside
Submit your resume online, or in person at 119 N. Talbert Blvd. Lexington, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.970.5245.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.