Human Resources Specialist
Winston Salem, NC 27103
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the administration of all employee benefit programs; including leave benefits, health, dental and vision insurance, COBRA, life and disability insurance, and 401k.
- Maintains recordkeeping for all benefit levels (Staff and Temporary employees).
- Coordinates annual open enrollment period for all benefit plans in collaboration with CFO. Arranges and distributes materials from carriers, communicates changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers.
- Counsels all levels of employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions.
- Serves as a resource for Branch offices to ensure their understanding and compliance with HR policies and regulations. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Processes staff job offers, post-offer screening, and onboarding/separation documents.
- Conducts new employee orientation and assists with employee training as needed.
- Ensures I-9 and E-Verify compliance at all branch levels.
- Documents and communicates results of inconclusive/post-accident/for cause drug screens.
- Processes FMLA leave and produces monthly PTO reports.
- Assists with the administration of the Workers Compensation benefit plan.
- Maintains accurate and updated information on all reports of accidents and resulting medical care as required by OSHA and the NC Industrial Commission.
- Acts as a liaison between Workers Compensation carrier and TR.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads company policies and procedures and related documents as needed
- Assists in the preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Remains current on new legislation, Federal & State regulatory compliance as it relates to Employment Law
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Associate s degree with 2 years of administrative experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience with benefit administration and risk management preferred
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of online benefit platforms and employee database management preferred
- Sensitivity to employee relations issues and ability to maintain a neutral position
- Ability to perform multiple simultaneous activities and effectively deal with frequent interruptions.
- Confidentiality in all areas relating to financial, payroll related matters, employee personal information, client accounts and The Resource Company, Inc. Proprietary information
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and professional
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, environment
- Flexibility in work schedules and duties
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call our office at 336.896.1000 or text 336.970.5237.