1208 Corporate Circle Roanoke, VA 24018 US
The Resource is hiring an IT Manager for our client, a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, and surveying firm, located in Roanoke, VA! This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity that offers a salary range of $100,000-$120,000 per year (depending on experience). This company also offers a competitive, robust benefit package that consists of medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k match; PTO & paid holidays; annual bonus program, discretionary profit sharing, educational reimbursement, employee engagement events, financial wellness education, and other valuable benefits. The IT Manager will develop and implement IT strategies aligned with the firm's goals, ensuring technology supports and enhances overall business objectives. The IT manager will work closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Ideal candidates for this role should have experience in IT management, with a proven track record of successful strategic oversight. If you're ready to move forward in your career with a new career opportunity, apply today!
- Lead the IT department's operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, networks, and hardware
- Benchmark, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Oversee the organization, storage, and security of digital files and documents, ensuring efficient and effective file management processes
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Implement and maintain robust cybersecurity measures to protect sensitive data, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending for new initiatives
- Develop, implement and maintain all IT policies and procedures, including those for infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, and standards
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to optimize technology solutions and manage vendor relationships effectively
- Asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
- Supervise and mentor a team of IT professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Highly skilled in internal customer service, offering flexibility and availability in support of all employees
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address complex IT challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field required
- 10 or more years of experience in experience in IT management, with a proven track record of successful strategic oversight
- Experience in the architecture and engineering field a plus; prior experience with a professional services firm is a must
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Sharon Deichmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sharon has always enjoyed working with people, and as a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist, she gets to do that every day.
Sharon loves helping someone find their dream job and making it happen for them. It's very rewarding when she can help someone struggling in their current role to find a new one that fits them better. Sharon gets excited by the challenge of finding candidates who have all the skills and experience needed for a position and the right personality for the company culture.
Best 30 seconds of advice you've ever been given: "When backing up a trailer, camper, or boat, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, not the top, and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go."
What's something people would be surprised to know about you: "I hold the rank of Second-Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate"