Industrial Maintenance Technician
Winston Salem, NC 27105
- Perform PMs and maintain records to ensure compliance
- Troubleshoot machine problems and make repairs or changes as necessary to electro-mechanical instrumentation and process control systems
- Perform preventive maintenance testing and maintain records to ensure compliance with all company and environmental regulations
- Evaluate recommend and/or implement changes to improve machine health as needed
- Update prints and procedures as needed, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Evaluate parts requirements for new or existing equipment and make recommendations to set parts up in stock
- Research, locate and order appropriate parts to ensure reliability
- Assist with modifications and capital projects as required
- Communicate with vendors, support groups and management about equipment issues
- Document machine issues, repairs made, troubleshooting procedures, parts used, follow up needed, etc.
- Perform all job tasks and assignments safely, and conduct regular safety inspections of assigned areas for identification of potential safety problems
- Get maintenance personnel acclimated with the operation of equipment
- Perform prescribed audit and sampling activities to monitor system operations for compliance assurance
- Associates degree in Electronic Engineering Technology, Electro/Mechanical Engineering Technology (Robotics), Industrial System Tech, computer engineering or a related field is preferred
- License in an electronics field from an approved institution is preferred
- Electronics or electro mechanical training during military service will be considered
- Ability to use calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices for measuring and gauging devices
- Ability to use multimeters, voltage testers, amp meters, and other testing devices
- Ability to install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, circuit breakers, transformers, rectifiers, etc.
- Ability to calculate needed material (wire, breakers, conduit, etc.) for new or modifications of existing circuits
- Ability to assemble, install, alter and repair any pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, chemicals, or gases, pneumatics included
- Ability to use hand power tools applicable to job function, and welding skills are a plus
- Knowledge of electronics and electrical controls and circuits
- Knowledge of AC and DC drives, PLCs, power distribution and process control
- Ability to read and understand schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Ability to work and think independently and work as a team member
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to effectively communicate with operations associates, vendors, and support groups
- Knowledge of environment operating principles and permits requirements
- Adhere to all company safety/health rules.
- Basic knowledge of lock out tagout (LOTO) procedures
- Successful completion reading and math tests, IVO certification training, Job Safety and Health Analysis reading, and Good Manufacturing Practice
- Successful Completion of Aerial Work Platform Training, and Safety Harness Training
Submit your resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.896.1000.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.