Salisbury, NC 28144
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems
- Troubleshoot machinery and make necessary repairs
- Remove and replace worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system
- Realign and adjust components such as spindles and clutches
- Overhaul machines and equipment
- Start machines and equipment to test operation following repair
- Set up and operate metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, welder or grinder, to make or repair parts
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to modify sketches or computer generated designs of machine components
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or related experience and/or training
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as detailed safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Knowledge of PLCs is a plus
- Proven experience with all maintenance disciplines: Electrical and electronic diagnostics, Machine Tools, Welding, Lathe Machine, and Bridgeport
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Forklift certificate or ability to achieve certificate
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Comfortable standing for sustained periods of time, reaching with hands and arms, climbing or balancing, and stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling
- Ability to regularly lift, carry and/or position heavy objects up to 70 lbs., utilizing proper body mechanics and techniques
- General hand tools are required
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 1933 Jake Alexander Blvd. Salisbury, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.970.5260.