3946 Westpoint Blvd. Winston Salem, NC 27103 US
Now seeking a jack-of-all trades with exceptional communication and organization skills! Our client, a leader in Aerospace recycling, is looking for a first shift Maintenance Technician to support their hard-working team. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks under close supervision to preserve the excellent condition and functionality of the business premises. Duties include conducting quality assessments, scheduling repairs, and developing preventative maintenance procedures.
- Must understand and respect all safety procedures, LOTO, SOPs, etc
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, and systems to identify any issues.
- Repairing faulty equipment units and damaged structures.
- Developing and implementing preventative maintenance procedures.
- Managing heating and plumbing systems to guarantee functionality.
- Planning and scheduling repairs.
- Conducting periodic quality checks on equipment and systems to ensure everything is up to standard.
- Performing general maintenance tasks including painting, and carpentry.
- Helping develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department.
- Maintaining the inventory records for equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology, or a relevant field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Advanced understanding of general maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Effective problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well-organized and can prioritize tasks.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift to up 50 pounds at times.
- Manual dexterity as needed to maintain a variety of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sharon has always enjoyed working with people, and as a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist, she gets to do that every day.
Sharon loves helping someone find their dream job and making it happen for them. It's very rewarding when she can help someone struggling in their current role to find a new one that fits them better. Sharon gets excited by the challenge of finding candidates who have all the skills and experience needed for a position and the right personality for the company culture.
Best 30 seconds of advice you've ever been given: "When backing up a trailer, camper, or boat, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, not the top, and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go."
What's something people would be surprised to know about you: "I hold the rank of Second-Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate"