2950 Temple School Road Winston Salem, NC 27107 US
The Resource is seeking a skilled Manufacturing Engineer to play a key role in optimizing our production processes, for a global rail company, located in Winston-Salem, NC! This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity that offers a salary range of $80,000- $100,000. This Manufacturing Engineer would be responsible for developing and improving machining and or assembly manufacturing processes within the company. Ideal candidates for this role should have CNC programming experience, large manufacturing experience, and strong interpersonal/communication/prioritization skills is a must.
If you're seeking make a meaningful impact in a dynamic organization, apply today!
- Develop & Improve Machining and or Assembly manufacturing processes
- Create job aids and work instructions
- Manage complex projects
- Complete Part & Process SPAP/PPAP
- Create and maintain Routings / BOMS
- Process Engineering Changes
- Create/Maintain SFMEA
- Create/Maintain Control Plans / PFMEA
- Use Industrial Engineering Tools – Time Studies/Line Balancing/Man Machine Charts/Value Stream Maps to eliminate waste
- LN system use & training to users
- Validate/support all quality gate audits
- Lead safety investigations and perform 1Page DMAIC process
- Determine processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities.
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Internal Certification, etc.
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean production environment.
- Evaluate, assess, and identify training needs of the workforce.
- Drives Root Cause identification. Drives Continuous Improvement process
-CNC/PLC Programming Awareness (Machining Only)
-Team Center Mfg / NX Awareness & Use
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent manufacturing experience (4 year degree desired)
- Minimum 10 years Large Mfg experience
- Strong knowledge of PC/data entry
- Intermediate level skills of Microsoft
- Ability to comfortably present to team members and other area Leaders
- Strong interpersonal/communication/prioritization skills is a must
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand specification and standards documents
-CNC Programming Experience Preferred
-Tool Design Experience Preferred
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Sharon Diechmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sharon has always enjoyed working with people, and as a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist, she gets to do that every day.
Sharon loves helping someone find their dream job and making it happen for them. It's very rewarding when she can help someone struggling in their current role to find a new one that fits them better. Sharon gets excited by the challenge of finding candidates who have all the skills and experience needed for a position and the right personality for the company culture.
Best 30 seconds of advice you've ever been given: "When backing up a trailer, camper, or boat, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, not the top, and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go."
What's something people would be surprised to know about you: "I hold the rank of Second-Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate"