Mechanical Design Engineer
High Point, NC 27263
- Design products, meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications and within cost and schedule constraints
- Ensure conformance to various codes, NEMA and company standards for quality and manufacturability
- Create and maintain 3D solid models, design layouts and production drawings using CAD tools
- Function as technical resource for product field support and resolving questions and problems
- Participate on cross functional teams to resolve problems and ensure continuous improvement.
- Perform independent research to ensure they stay current in new developments in the industry
- Enter and maintain material master data and assembly COMs using business application (SAP)
- Process sales orders and release notices through engineering using business application (SAP)
- Generate reports relevant to product design, quality and testing
- Set up and perform electrical power and mechanical tests to verify product performance
- Three years of work experience related to this job position is required in addition to the educational requirements
- Experience as a Machine designer in the field of electro-magnetic switchgear and control equipment is a requirement
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical specs, professional journals and blueprints
- Ability to write reports and documentation, and interpret results
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, customers and other employee of the organization
- Proficienty with 3D CAD design tools, familiarity with AutoDesk Inventory desired
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical test equipment and laboratory procedures
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 3402H W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.510.7700.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.