220 East Polo Road Winston Salem, NC 27105 US
As a Production Manager-Slitting, the ideal candidate will oversee the manning, training, scheduling, ordering and maintenance for our client, a preferred manufacturer of industry-leading flexible packaging, relied upon world-wide by leading companies within global markets including healthcare, pharmaceutical, food, dairy, household and personal care, tobacco and industrial.
- Monitor production outputs, machine utilization downtime issues & quality service levels.
- Monitor scrap levels and implement strategies to reduce scrap.
- Evaluate manning requirements and implement plans to ensure personnel are adequately trained.
- Develop a training program.
- Assure all safety required training of plant personnel is accurate and completed.
- Support and lead efforts & activities to improve safety and housekeeping.
- Direct supervisors and team to drive continuous improvement projects and adhere to compliance with the management operating system (MOS).
- Conduct employee meetings as required.
- Perform plant-related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to use the A3 process for production improvement opportunities.
- Able to work extended hours and support all shifts as required.
- Continuous contact with other people requires communication via face-to-face, orally by telephone, and various written methodologies.
- Some overnight travel by various modes of transportation including airline, train, and automobile as deemed appropriate.
- AAS/BS Degree in business, technical or related field with 5+ years supervisory/management experience or non-Degree with 10 yrs. manufacturing work experience and 5+ years of supervisory/management experience
- Through knowledge of production processes within manufacturing.
- Knowledge of packaging structures and materials.
- Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling functions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with varying deadlines.
- Working knowledge of PC operations & software.
Meet Your Recruiter
Carolyn Alvarez is an experienced Bilingual Direct Hire Recruiter, who is driven by helping people find the next step in their career. She takes pride in providing the best and smoothest job searching experience. As Direct Hire Recruiter, Carolyn's goals include finding and placing top-notch candidates and providing a great candidate experience.
One thing most people don't know about you: "I love watching Formula 1 racing"
Favorite Quote: “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life” – Steve Jobs