Quality Assurance Supervisor
.6109 Corporate Park Dr Browns Summit, NC 27214 US
2nd and 3rd Shift Positions Available
Supervises QA department and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of (security) printed products, including raw materials/paper, in-process and finished products.
- Assigns and supervises work of QA Specialists, Lab Technicians and Inspectors.
- Establishes procedures and trains employees as well as performing the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of received printed product, paper or raw material other material.
- When required, uses measuring and other instruments such as ruler, calipers, micrometers, loupes, gages, and templates to determine if product meets specifications
- Trains employees on and operates laboratory testing equipment. Performs physical and chemical tests on paper/raw materials, adhesives, and finished products.
- Makes “run/not run” and “accept/not accept” decisions in concert with Quality Manager, or Senior Management.
- Applies statistical analysis including control-charting methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and changes in the process.
- Utilizes Quality Management software for tracking, reporting, and resolving customer complaints (internal/external) and other nonconformance issues.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities in real time to production employees, department managers, and senior/corporate management.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Performs other duties as required by Quality Manager or other management.
- Associates Degree (A.S./A.A.S.) or equivalent from two-year/community college; and three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, with a concentration in math, science (including chemistry) coursework.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Experience in an ISO 9001 certified working environment preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Excellent MS Excel skills; knowledge of other MS Office, quality management and manufacturing software
- Ability to work in a team environment