Quality Environmental Health Safety Manager
3946 Westpoint Blvd. Winston Salem, NC 27103 US
The Resource is hiring a Quality Environmental Health Safety Manager for our client, a leading Aerospace recycling company, located in Winston-Salem, NC. This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity that offers a competitive pay rate and has a 1st shift schedule. The Quality Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for maintaining quality and safety in accordance with ISO and environmental standards in a large metal and alloy recycling facility. Ideal candidates for this role should have extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies and knowledgeable of equipment used in environmental inspections. If you are passionate about environmental health and safety, dedicated to making a positive impact, apply today!
- Generate scorecards and reports for all aspects of plant quality, not limited to and including VOC, CARs, SCARs, COAs, SPC reporting, losses, internal, and third party & customer audits
- Oversees internal and external audits relative to ISO standards
- Manage Supplier Auditing Program
- Manage department continuous improvement activities including new technology, procedural changes to improve process and/or equipment
- Administer Corrective Action to employees not abiding by quality and safety requirements
- Support Plant management in executing and spreading quality policies
- Support divisions in cases of containments, customer and warranty claims
- Promote quality performance improvement throughout the organization
- Understand the needs of customers and suppliers
- Establish and continual improvement of the QMS processes
- Determine risks and opportunities that can affect product conformity
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensures that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Maintains records of discharge of or employee exposure to hazardous waste and/or pollutants, as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ISO Certification
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Sharon Diechmann at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sharon has always enjoyed working with people, and as a Direct Hire Recruiter and Executive Placement Specialist, she gets to do that every day.
Sharon loves helping someone find their dream job and making it happen for them. It's very rewarding when she can help someone struggling in their current role to find a new one that fits them better. Sharon gets excited by the challenge of finding candidates who have all the skills and experience needed for a position and the right personality for the company culture.
Best 30 seconds of advice you've ever been given: "When backing up a trailer, camper, or boat, put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel, not the top, and turn the wheel in the direction you want the trailer to go."
What's something people would be surprised to know about you: "I hold the rank of Second-Degree Black Belt in American Freestyle Karate"