Winston Salem, NC 27107
- Have ability to perform the inspection duties for any quality gate on the W-S Engine Assembly line
- Support the Continuous Improvement process for the W-S Engine Assembly line
- Participate in efforts to investigate and resolve quality issues on the W-S Engine Assembly line
- Communicate frequently with team members, team leaders, and supervisors in your own group as well as in Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, EHS, Purchasing, and Facilities
- Perform root cause analysis to investigate quality issues resulting from suppliers or Engineering design
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Gather data from various tools and tooling systems and prepare data reports, quality analysis and reviews
- Measure component dimensions and interpret results for conformance versus drawing requirements.
- Communicate inspection results to operations department colleagues. Provide feedback in a constructive and diplomatic fashion.
- At least one year of experience is required in the Manufacturing Quality Inspection environment. Demonstrated mechanical and assembly aptitude, & computer skills.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with coworkers, suppliers and customers.
- 5 years of experience as Quality Inspector in the manufacturing environment.
- Experience as a machinist or assembler.
- Experience reading engineering drawings and PRS specifications.
- Understanding of geometric dimension and tolerance.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MES, AQE, and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to use Team Center software to open and view CAD models.
- Understanding and experience with the root cause and corrective action (RCCA) or 8D issue resolution process.
- Experience operating inspection equipment.
- Knowledge of APQP.
- Experience in use of manual measurement devices (calipers, gauges, micrometers).
Submit your application or resume online, or in person at 1292 S. Stratford Rd. Winston-Salem, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.896.1000.