325 Welcome Center BLVD. Welcome, NC 27374 US
We're assisting our client, the global leader in the manufacture of transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, power control, load banks and surge devices, in their search to add a Safety Engineer to their team! This is a permanent, Direct Hire opportunity located in Welcome, NC that offers a competitive salary and has a 1st shift working schedule. The Safety Engineer is responsible for ensuring the manufacturing facility complies with all applicable Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements (e.g. State, Federal). Detailed knowledge and practical application of environment, health and safety regulations in the U.S and NC is required. If you feel your skill set matches the needs of this role and you're seeking a new opportunity, apply today!
- Ensure employees and operations maintain compliance with all environment, health and safety regulations; and support the review of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Assist in maintaining appropriate metrics, evaluate data trending, and provide data input to management reviews, with a view to continuous improvement
- Assist with the implementation of EHS policies, practices, guidelines, and procedures
- Identify location-specific requirements for each area and participate in the development of related programs and policies
- Assist in developing training programs and conduct training to comply with regulatory corporate EHS initiatives
- Coordinate incident/accident investigation process including root cause analysis and ensure corrective actions are completed
- Conduct environment, health and safety audits and risk assessments
- Participate during external EHS compliance audits and loss prevention audits
- Coordinate the completion of all corrective actions with site personnel resulting from risk assessments, compliance audits or loss prevention audits
- Assist during the required permitting submissions for air, water, and land jurisdictional requirements
- Serve as backup point of contact for government inquiries relating to Environmental Health and Safety
- Actively participate in the site S&E committee
- Participate in the site’s Continuous Improvement/Lean/5S activities
- Other relatable activities assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an environmental, health and safety position, with experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably fabrication machinery and paint line process
- Ability and willingness to successfully work independently and communicate with senior management
- Comprehensive knowledge of environmental, health & safety guidelines and regulations
- A good working knowledge of health and safety engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO45001 and ISO14001 standards
- Ability to understand and apply Federal, State and local regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Experience in electrical safety, machine guarding, training and ergonomics is a plus
Submit your resume online, or send directly to Jordan Milligan at email@example.com to be considered for this position. For more information, please call 336-970-5222.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordan is a Direct-Hire Recruiter at The Resource, with experience in all aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing. He's passionate about helping companies find their next great hire, and takes pride in helping candidates advance their careers.
Jordan would love to hear from you if you're looking for a new opportunity or have a job opening at your company that needs to be filled quickly. Be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn too!
Hobby: Playing guitar, Favorite getaway: The Outer Banks, Favorite Childhood Book: Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (as a kid, I read every single book in this series multiple times), Favorite Band: Toto, All-time Favorite Vacation Destination: Barcelona, Spain