Asheboro, NC 27203
- Assist the controller with day to day, monthly and year-end operation of the accounting department
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable, and ensuring all are reconciled with bank statements
- Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare internal and external financial statements
- Maintain and balance an automated system by inputting data, scheduling required jobs and verifying data
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports
- Prepare G/L entries
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting Disbursements, and reconciling accounts
- Process all aspects of payroll, tax payments, garnishments, etc.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures
- Prepare property tax returns, sales tax returns
- Prepare W2s and 1099 filings
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business is required, Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Working knowledge of accounting, payroll administration, spreadsheets, ledgers and accounting software
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a Staff Accountant, Bookkeeper or a comparable professional environment, preferably a retail based company
- Solid accounting and payroll experience combined with analytical skills
Submit your resume online, or in person at 3402H W. Wendover Ave. Greensboro, to be considered for this position. For additional information, please call or text our office at 336.510.7700.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.