145 Kimel Park , Suite 120 Winston-Salem, NC 27103 US
The Resource is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our client, a medical client, located in Winston-Salem, NC! This leading provider serves over 50,000 patients each year in the Triad! This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity with a salary range of $70,000/yr. - $75,000/yr (depending on experience and qualifications). The Staff Accountant will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the general accounting functions of the company. Duties include the development, implementation, and maintenance of accounting systems, controls, policies, and procedures. The Staff accountant will also ensure the accuracy and timeliness of month-end accounting data compilation, account reconciliations, accounting analysis, and payroll processing. Ideal candidates for this role will have a background in finance and experience with accounting general accounting duties. If you're ready to advance your future in an accounting role, apply today!
- Lead and coordinate general accounting activities
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting systems, controls, policies, and procedures
- Prepare accurate monthly and year-end financial reports, including but not limited to balance sheet, general ledger report, profit and loss statement, and key performance indicator reports, and provide analysis of changes and trends
- Perform account reconciliations and accounting analysis
- Oversee payroll processing
- Ensure compliance with audit and reporting requirements regarding 401(k) plan and other PTA business
- Complete various projects assigned by senior management
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university. A licensed, certified public accountant (CPA) designation is a plus but not required
- Minimum of five years of accounting experience, including work with financial statements, budget preparation, general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation, payroll processing, and financial reporting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in various business computer applications
- Strong Excel skills, including pivot tables
- Excellent time management skills
- Preferred: Current experience in a healthcare environment or working with a healthcare organization
- Preferred: Working knowledge of the MAS 90 accounting system.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Jordan Milligan at JMilligan@theresource.com for more details.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with more information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordan is a Direct-Hire Recruiter at The Resource, with experience in all aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing. He's passionate about helping companies find their next great hire, and takes pride in helping candidates advance their careers.
Jordan would love to hear from you if you're looking for a new opportunity or have a job opening at your company that needs to be filled quickly. Be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn too!
Hobby: Playing guitar, Favorite getaway: The Outer Banks, Favorite Childhood Book: Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (as a kid, I read every single book in this series multiple times), Favorite Band: Toto, All-time Favorite Vacation Destination: Barcelona, Spain