.6109 Corporate Park Dr Browns Summit, NC 27214 US
Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
Provide systems support within IT department, including multiple Windows server infrastructures, hardware/software support for Virtual Environment, e-mail support and Level 1/2/3 problem resolution support. Will also recommend new technology to benefit organization from a productivity and cost standpoint and act as a backup to Network Administrator
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software and manage virtual servers
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, supporting production needs and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning
- Administration and support of network including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and WINS software
- Strong monitoring, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with an emphasis on systems issues.
- Ability to respond to frequent changes and unexpected events and be available for call backs and after-hours/weekend support
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A) in Information Systems from an accredited college or university and 3-4 years experience as a server systems engineer or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with a minimum of 2 years manufacturing/distribution experience.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2012R2, 2008R2, Windows 11,10,7 and Mac OS.
- Possess written and verbal communication skills in order to interface effectively with customers, management, employees and groups.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Bsmith@theresource.com. While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified will be contacted with more information.