2160 Country Club Road Winston Salem, NC 27104 US
Our client, a CPA firm, is seeking an Audit Supervisor to add to their team. This is a permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity located in Winston-Salem that offers a competitive salary. The Audit Supervisor would be responsible for coordinating the auditing, reviewing, or compilation of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables. Qualified candidates for this role should have a background in accounting, proficient in Microsoft office and excel, and have an understanding of audit services. If you're interested in joining a company that provides a flexible work environment and ready to advance your career, apply today!
- Provide timely, high quality client service including coordinating the auditing, review or compilation of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables to meet and exceed client expectations
- Gain an understanding of the client’s business to understand the client specific needs and processes as necessary
- Plan and perform the entire audit process with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Utilize and understand PPC audit methodology and Thomson Reuters programs
- Supervise audit staff and seniors on engagements and function as an in-charge facilitating field work by monitoring and reporting productivity and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment
- Perform and supervise substantive testing and analytical review procedures as well as documentation of internal control systems
- Prepare control deficiency and compliance letters, with an eye on thoroughness and accuracy
- Anticipate and handle client concerns and keep partner apprised of the situations
- Interact with clients and supervise the information flow from the client to the audit team to insure efficiency
- Utilize cloud-based engagement software to prepare engagement workpapers
- Identify and communicate necessary accounting and auditing matters to the team and Partner
- Identify opportunities for additional services or services which may suit the firm and client in a better manner. Recognize and inform partner of opportunities to increase types of services to clients
- Continue professional development through ongoing education
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA certification
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- A proven record of client interaction and relationship building
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience working with small businesses and nonprofit clients.
- Record of in-charging/supervising staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements
Submit your resume online, or send directly to Jordan Milligan at firstname.lastname@example.org, to be considered for this position. For more information, please call our office at 336-970-5222.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted for further information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordan is a Direct-Hire Recruiter at The Resource, with experience in all aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing. He's passionate about helping companies find their next great hire, and takes pride in helping candidates advance their careers.
Jordan would love to hear from you if you're looking for a new opportunity or have a job opening at your company that needs to be filled quickly. Be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn too!
Hobby: Playing guitar, Favorite getaway: The Outer Banks, Favorite Childhood Book: Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (as a kid, I read every single book in this series multiple times), Favorite Band: Toto, All-time Favorite Vacation Destination: Barcelona, Spain