325 Welcome Center BLVD. Welcome, NC 27374 US
We're assisting our client, a global leader in the manufacture of paralleling switchgears, in their search for a test technician. This is permanent, Direct-Hire opportunity located in Welcome, NC that offers a pay range of $26.92- $28.85, and has a 1st shift schedule. The Test Technician would be responsible for product testing on specific assigned PCS (Power Control Systems) units and ensure that it is fully tested in accordance with company procedures and standard industry practices testing the individual PCS sections, interconnecting the sections and testing the systems and the control programs. Position includes hands-on testing and troubleshooting with testers and design engineers. Ideal candidates should have knowledge of electrical principals and power management and also have the ability to read and follow schematics of complex electrical and mechanical circuits. If you're ready to advance your career and seeking a new role, apply today!
- Test, troubleshoot, correct and document wiring and functional problems in accordance with the wiring diagram
- Setup and perform PCS testing based on Sequence of Operation
- Interface with both production and engineering personnel to properly record and correct both physical and design nonconformance issues
- Configure and test PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller) and power management networks
- Upload firmware and download parameters to control modules and other electronic components
- Set up electronic components and protective relays per vendor manuals
- Develop and build test simulations for customized PCS switchgear
- Serve as “technical” point person for test group on an assigned PCS unit
- In order to meet customer demands, the position is subject to daily and weekend overtime to complete PCS Projects
- Position works within standard PCS operating procedures and guidelines
- Position requires a moderate degree of supervision
- Promote a safe work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Knowledge of electrical principals and power management
- Ability to read and follow schematics of complex electrical and mechanical circuits
- Knowledge of PLC interface and WonderWare programming strongly preferred
- Computer programming and networking skills are a strong plus
- 2-year Associates Degree in Power, Electronics, Computer Networking with 2-3 years relative experience; or 4 years of Military Training in Power, Electronics or Computer Networking
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Jordan Milligan at JMilligan@theresource.com for more details.
While we appreciate all inquiries, only qualified candidates will be contacted with more information
Meet Your Recruiter
Jordan is a Direct-Hire Recruiter at The Resource, with experience in all aspects of the recruiting process from sourcing to closing. He's passionate about helping companies find their next great hire, and takes pride in helping candidates advance their careers.
Jordan would love to hear from you if you're looking for a new opportunity or have a job opening at your company that needs to be filled quickly. Be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn too!
Hobby: Playing guitar, Favorite getaway: The Outer Banks, Favorite Childhood Book: Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" (as a kid, I read every single book in this series multiple times), Favorite Band: Toto, All-time Favorite Vacation Destination: Barcelona, Spain